We expect our suppliers to create win-win scenarios at Cox Automotive by focusing on creating value through on-time delivery, thought leadership, best-in-class practices and fee/price deal structures that help us drive business results.
Potential new suppliers should register on the Cox registration portal detailing the products and services offered along with any diverse certifications.
In any competitive bid process, Cox Automotive’s Supply Chain Management team will practice ethical and responsible sourcing as it relates to competitiveness (quality, speed, price, innovation, etc.). It will also consider supplier diversity, environmental standards and sustainable business practices that adhere to our values and ethics. Competitive bids will be conducted using our e-sourcing platform and will include three or more independent and equally qualified suppliers where applicable.
Key rules of engagement
Suppliers must initiate contact with our Cox Automotive Supply Chain Management team (firstname.lastname@example.org) when discussions with team members transition from thought leadership and/or potential opportunities to actual engagement discussions. This will allow all parties to align expectations regarding next steps. Examples of actions by suppliers initiating contact with Supply Chain Management include but are not limited to the following:
- Introduction of products or services as a business solution
- Introduction of written quotes (including budgetary quotes)
- Requirement-gathering in preparation for a quote, demo, proposal, etc.
Supplier responsibility for inclusion, sustainability, ethics and governance is the foundation for how we work. Our suppliers are important stakeholders to Cox Automotive, and our business goals and values guide all our interactions. Please reference our supplier code of conduct for additional guidance and detail.
Supplier diversity and inclusion
We take a proactive approach to diversity by providing access to business opportunities, fostering capacity-building activities, and delivering innovation and value through long-term relationships that benefit Cox Automotive, our suppliers and the communities in which we operate around the world. We encourage our suppliers to do the same.
Existing diverse suppliers (those owned by a minority, veteran, woman or lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender), should send such certification to email@example.com. Ownership is defined as at least 51 percent owned and managed by any of these groups. Potential diverse suppliers should register through our supplier portal. Please attach any relevant certifications.
In conjunction with our parent company, Cox Enterprises, we partner and accept certifications from our national partnerships and their local affiliates: Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, National Minority Supplier Development Council, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, USBLN, WEConnect, MSDUK, and various local and state agencies.
Cox is committed to partnering with suppliers to create a more sustainable supply chain with a focus on conserving and protecting the environment. Cox seeks suppliers that employ best-in-class sustainable business practices. Refer to our supplier code of conduct for more details.
Supplier ethics and governance
Along with other business imperatives, new and existing suppliers will be evaluated in the areas of operations, compliance, reputation and financial impact to our business. Suppliers are expected to participate in this review (which may require on-site visits, data gathering and reporting, and periodic business reviews). Suppliers should use our supplier code of conduct as an ongoing reference.
Delivery and Invoice Requirements
Product-to-pay terms are net 45 or better. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and reduce paper waste, Cox Automotive provides several electronic options in the procure-to-pay process.
- Purchase orders:We can place electronic purchase orders directly into an ordering system. Our e-commerce interface capabilities allow us to punch-out using catalogs from our system directly to suppliers’ order management systems.
- Electronic invoicing: We use several methods to receive invoices and invoice data. The default method is electronic, with suppliers using our third party, Transcepta. Transcepta can electronically receive and present virtually any machine-generated invoice to Cox Automotive. In some cases, we use an evaluated receipts settlement process that does not require an invoice. Existing suppliers not currently participating in our electronic invoicing options should email eCommerce@coxautoinc.com.
- Electronic payments: Electronic payments (ACH – direct deposit) or procurement cards may be used for eligible purchases.