The Cox Automotive Leader in Sustainability Award recognizes a dealership for outstanding community contributions and in-dealership sustainable programs related to waste reduction, energy consumption or water conservation, with a focus on innovation, creativity and engagement with community and/or employees.
Implemented sustainability project/initiative in the community and/or in their dealership through one or more of the following:
- Energy/Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction – Creative opportunities that reduce energy and/or greenhouse gas emissions in buildings through construction, operations, engagement, technology, or new processes
- Waste Reduction – Exemplifies “reduce, reuse, recycle and compost” properties via community involvement
- Water Reduction – Explores creative opportunities to reduce water consumption through operations, engagement, or technology
- Innovative/Creativity – Seeks out and utilizes new technology; develops and advances better processes to produce impactful change
- Collaboration/Engagement – Actively engages stakeholders within and beyond their dealership and/or engages employees in volunteer activities that align with sustainability priorities.